As wedding season approaches, we thought that we would talk a little bit about what is in our wedding day emergency kit. This kit is helpful for both photographers and brides preparing for their wedding day. Not every wedding has a need for the emergency kit, but in the whirlwind of the day, knowing the place where you placed your bobby pins can be the difference between the elegant windblown look and every stand of hair covering your face:) Here is a sampling of what we carry with us the day of:
Our list consists of:
- Straws for brides to use to stay hydrated and not ruin their lipstick.
- Hollywood Fashion tape to keep those stubborn straps in place.
- Lint Roller for the grooms jacket.
- Lemon Honey Cough drops for keeping pesky coughs at bay.
- Rolaids or Tums to calm nervous stomachs.
- Altoids for keeping breath fresh all day.
- Tissues for tears during First Looks and to blot makeup.
- Sewing kit for unexpected tears.
- Tide Stick for white dresses and shirts.
- Cotton Swabs for touching up eye makeup or cleaning rings.
- Downy wrinkle Release for stubborn wrinkles in shirts and dresses.
- Clear Nail Polish for stopping runs in tights.
- Hair Ties for the obvious
- Bobby Pins can save that up-do in a windstorm
Not Pictured: Granola bars, water, hand sanitizer, band-aids, pens, Aleve.
It’s worth it to put a small kit together and have it with you. It will save time, energy, and give you peace of mind that you can handle anything that happens on the wedding day! Stay tuned for a post on our new Wedding Day Styling Kit!
~Dawn and Matthew